Our services include:
- Temporary accommodation
- Access to a support worker with regular visits
- Assessment of your current situation
- Help with creating plans for housing, health and schooling
- Emotional support
- Referrals for housing, Centrelink, counselling, legal information, childcare, schools, health, women’s networks, men’s counselling, and support groups
- Transport to appointments
- Life skills training including budgeting, self-esteem, parenting, meal planning, and recreation
You will be asked to contribute towards the rent of your accommodation, with the amount depending on your income.
Family Accommodation Program
Gold Coast, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Dalby, and Cairns
We provide houses/apartments for families who are homeless in Cairns, Mt Isa, Toowoomba, Dalby, Ipswich or on the Gold Coast. A family unit is considered to be a group of two or more people who usually live in the same household and who are related to each other biologically or through another family relationship such as adoption or fostering.
Couples without children can also access services in Mt Isa and Cairns.
This could include:
- A single parent and their children
- Same sex couples and their children
- Grandparents and their grandchildren
- Foster parents / adoptive parents and their children
Referrals are accepted by phone, walk-ins to the Vinnies Gold Coast, Ipswich and Cairns offices.
Call Us 1800 Vinnies (1800 846 643)