Skilling Queenslanders for Work delivers courses in a supported learning environment where participants can access individual support tailored to their learning needs. Support includes classroom assistance to assist students in completing the qualification, real-world work placement, combined with job readiness and assistance entering employment beyond the course.
The program provides training to people who are unemployed, or under-employed in the labour market, as well as building the skills of young people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, mature-age job seekers, parents re-entering the workforce, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including asylum seekers and refugees. (Other eligibility rules apply).
Our training model combines weekly face-to-face training sessions with a Registered Training Organisation, hard copy resources and one-on-one support with a Vinnies Case Worker.
Course duration depends upon the qualification undertaken and can range from 10 weeks up to 28 weeks with an average of three contact days per week.
This training is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative. For more information about this, please see www.training.qld.gov.au/community-orgs/funded/sqw
Through the support of the Queensland State Government, we are able to offer the program at no cost to eligible participants.
Current SQW programs
Vinnies Ready for Retail Cairns – November 2022
Vinnies Queensland is continuing with their well-established Ready for Retail Program in Manunda. Join up now and work towards a nationally accredited qualification in Retail and develop the confidence to work in frontline and provide exceptional customer service!
- Intakes commencing November 2023 in Manunda, Cairns
- Three days a week for 12 weeks
- Face-to-face training by RTO with additional workshops and supplementary presentations
- Opportunities for work experience with fabulous industry partners
- This program is delivered in partnership with The Australian Retailers’ Association (RTO registration code 4049)
- Eligibility: This program is open to those over 15 and not and school, unemployed, returning to the workforce, a resident of Queensland and who have the right to study and work in Australia
- Priority will be given to applicates without an existing qualification or with an old qualification who need to retrain
- Vinnies will assist you to get work-ready with Transport, uniform and other supports available.
To apply or find out more information, contact us now on 07 4033 8399, 0436 816 587 or email@example.com
These programs are proudly funded and supported by the Queensland State government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative.