What is the Home Maintenance & Modification Program?
We deliver a range of home maintenance and modification programs across the south east region of Queensland.
Services provided include the Commonwealth Home Support Program, where we provide services to three distinct areas and their surrounding suburbs, including:
- West Moreton, providing home maintenance and modifications. This area encompasses areas including Beenleigh, Beaudesert, Logan, Ipswich, Gatton, Redbank, Riverview, Laidley, Forest Hill, Esk.
- South Coast, providing home maintenance and minor modifications. This area includes all of the Gold Coast suburbs.
- South Brisbane, providing modification. This area includes south of the river, Wynnum, Redlands Bay, Seven Hills, Corinda, Sumner, Heathwood, Rochedale South.
We also deliver services for the Queensland Government through the Community Care Program in two separate areas:
- Gold Coast region, which provides maintenance, minor modifications and major modifications.
- Beenleigh / Beaudesert region, which provides major modifications.
Who can access it?
All Commonwealth Home Support Program clients need to access our services through My Aged Care. The Program aims to assist frail, older people (aged 65 years and over or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) who need assistance with daily living to remain living independently at home in the community.
Queensland Community Care services are directed to assisting people who are 65 years of age who have a moderate, severe or profound disability, or a condition which restricts their ability to carry out activities of daily living and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people under 50 years of age who have a moderate, severe or profound disability or a condition that restricts their ability to carry out activities of daily living.
What are the benefits?
People are supported to have a safe, stable and enabling environment. Older people with functional limitations are supported to live in their own homes, and provided an opportunity to have increased social participation and access to the community.
We perform major and minor maintenance and modifications in housing, including some of the below:
- Home modifications
- Grab rails
- Handheld showers
- Curtain rods and fittings
- Minor and major ramps
- Chair raiser
- Special Taps
- Handheld showers
- Home maintenance
- Minor Plumbing repairs
- Minor Electrical repairs
- Changing of light bulbs
- Non hardwired smoke alarms
- Clothesline Lowering
- Key Safe Box installation
- Door Guards